Wednesday, May 9, 2007

9 May Namche Bazaar, heading down

Don't know if anyone is checking this, since I haven't been able to write for a while. We are heading back down the Khumbu Valley. A few highlights of the past ten days...

I got sick heading out of Namche last week (probably altitude, maybe a gut thing) fortunately it was a half day hike and I was OK the next morning. Took Diamox and antibiotics to cover all the bases.

We have met a number of people who have summited Everest, both Nepali and other. We've met trekkers and climbers from all over the world: North America, Europe, Asia. There are a lot of Russians along the trail and it's been fun to speak Russian with them.

OK, my lunch is being served...I'll probably log on in Lukla tomorrow.

I did make it to Everest Base Camp and the apple pie was truly delicious (and not just because I was tired and cold!).

No comments: